We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In 2003, Dutch specialists developed a new vegetable variety - Aggressor cabbage. The name is very harsh, and there is a reason for this. This hybrid was created for unpleasant specific cold weather, it can grow even on poor soil, and copes with a lack of watering.
This culture is included in the state register for the Center of Russia. Our gardeners have already appreciated this variety for the stability and richness of the result, for the possibility of breeding in large areas, for long conservation and rich taste. And so, "Aggressor" firmly took its place in the country land and field spaces.
Characterizing the "Aggressor"
"Aggressor" f1 is a variety of cabbage that ripens when the cold weather arrives. According to experts, this is a hybrid of medium late properties. It takes about 4 months between sowing the seeds and the readiness of the heads.
One hundred square meters can donate about a ton of this crop. According to official data, the maximum yield in the Moscow region was 800 centners per hectare. The marketable yield is at the level of standard varieties, approximately 450-650 centners per hectare, and the marketable yield is about 95%. Therefore, the hybrid is optimal for use in industrial agricultural areas.
Features of cabbage forks
As for the forks, their characteristics are as follows: round, aligned, dense and flattened, medium-sized, weighing an average of three to three and a half kilograms, and sometimes a couple of kilograms more.
In section, the heads of cabbage are yellowish-white, the internal structure can be characterized as medium-thin.
The leaves of the vegetable crop are of the covering type, the color is anthocyanin, of medium intensity. The leaf rosette is raised. The leaves are concave, rounded in shape. The stumps of the internal and external types have an average size of about 17 cm. The description of the variety also does not ignore the high taste and juiciness of the leaf. As for the planting density, it is 30-40 thousand plants per hectare.
Cabbage variety "Aggressor" is good for fresh use in salads, for use in main hot dishes such as borscht and cabbage rolls, for pickling and pickling. The shelf life of forks is short - about 6 months, maximum until mid-spring. According to the composition, the presence of dry matter is noted - 9.2%, and sugar of general properties - 5.6%.
About the rules of seedling of the described cabbage
Cabbage "Aggressor" gained recognition due to its amazing resistance to weather disasters. This property makes it possible to grow crops with the help of seedlings and direct sowing into the ground.
If the first option is chosen, then the seeds should be planted in pots, containers or tablets with peat in early April. Further, it is important to take care of the availability of a place with enough heat and light so that the seeds germinate successfully. Ideally, to begin with, they are placed on the sunny side of the windowsill at a temperature of +18 ° C.
As the seedlings grow, they are taken out for the day in a cool outdoor environment at + 6-8 ° C or placed on the balcony. When night falls, the seedlings must be taken inside. Such hardening should pass without problems, thus confirming the varietal quality. The exercise is important for the normal development of seedlings, otherwise the plants will be elongated and weak, which can lead to their death.
How to sow "Aggressor" in open ground
To sow the crop directly into the ground, we are waiting for the last numbers of April. On the sunny side, a bed is being prepared, pegs are installed along the edges to stretch the film. A diluted type of humus is placed under the earthen digging for fertilization: this is a useful procedure for feeding seedlings during their development.
Seeds are planted two or three in one hole to a depth of a centimeter and covered with a film to preserve the heat of the earth. When the seedlings begin to grow, the strongest or the usual seedlings are selected. The 60 x 70 scheme also works when you plant seeds and seedlings, and for varieties of any type of ripeness.
It is recommended to fertilize the well with a mixture:
- a handful of peat and sand;
- two handfuls of humus;
- two teaspoons of nitrophoska and 50 grams of wood ash.
Sprinkle the resulting composition a little with earth and add a sufficient amount of water. This pillow is a storehouse of food for seedlings.
There are gardeners who enjoy growing cabbage using seedlings outdoors. This has its advantages in comparison with the procedure at home. This method will help you to survive the transplant without any problems at the selected place. Nevertheless, this vegetable does not like transplants; seed sowing in a direct earthen plot will be optimal. The seeds are soaked for 30 minutes in a solution of "Epin" with a proportion of a couple of drops per 200 grams. Such a procedure will give greater vitality to seedlings and give better rooting to future plants.
Important nuances of care
- The description of the variety of this culture notes such a quality as hygrophilia. Therefore, watering should be organized with great care.
- Watering is recommended in the evening. In cloudy weather, an interval of 5-6 days is made between water procedures, and when it is hot and dry - a couple or three days.
- Each watering involves loosening the soil, weeding and hilling the Aggressor cabbage f1.
- The use of a substance with a mulching property, for example, a layer of peat 5 centimeters, is not prohibited: it will help in retaining moisture and will be a valuable cabbage dressing.
- To prevent slugs and fleas in young seedlings, ash and tobacco dust are used after any transplantation.
The use of toxic chemicals is prohibited with cabbage. However, there are ways to protect against external influences. Examples of useful infusions are given below.
- The first - 5 liters of water with 2 kilograms of tomato tops with 3-4 hours of infusion, followed by three hours of boiling. It is cooled, filtered and diluted in water 1 to 2. And 30 grams of tar soap will give the infusion the necessary stickiness.
- The second - a liter jar of onion peel is poured with two liters of boiling water for infusion for a couple of days. The solution is filtered with the addition of 2 liters of water and a tablespoon of liquid soap.
For planting crops, avoid acidic soils and areas with bacteriosis. Radish, turnip, rutabaga, radish and cabbage itself are not recommended as predecessors. After such vegetables, a three-year period is counted until it is possible to plant the cabbage again.
About the pros and cons of this cabbage variety
When describing the Aggressor cabbage variety, its authority among professionals and amateurs has long been noted, and there is a reason:
- Excellent taste;
- No head cracking;
- Crunchy and juicy properties of the leaf;
- High content of vitamin C;
- Good presentation and optimal transport tolerance;
- Strong root system;
- Maximum seed germination;
- Resistance to any temperature extremes;
- Optimal resistance to nutritional deficiencies;
- Amicable ripening of the crop;
- High productivity.
The description of the variety also contains some nuances that should be noted:
- Possible presence of hard-leaved heads of cabbage;
- The defeat of aphids, whitefly and fungus;
- Demanding an abundance of moisture.
But, despite the noted difficulties, positive reviews about this culture constitute an absolute majority.
About vegetable storage options
Cabbage "Aggressor" suggests the following storage methods:
- Stacking heads of cabbage in two or three rows in a cellar or basement, but not on the floor itself, ideally in wooden boxes.
- Arrangement of forks on the ceiling with stumps. This will provide adequate ventilation.
- Wrapping vegetables in paper, placing them in a plastic bag and then hanging it.
- Putting the head of cabbage in a bucket of sand and filling it completely with sand.
The stability and richness of the crop are the main reasons for the sympathy of gardeners for this modern variety. Vegetable growers admit that growing the "Aggressor" will not require unnecessary expenses and hassle.