We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Weed control is one of the priorities in the work of farmers. This requires drugs that are highly selective and weed-suppressing properties. The herbicide "Butisan 400" is produced by the well-known German chemical concern BASF and characterizes it as an effective preparation for controlling a huge number of weeds. It is necessary to know the regulations for the use of the pesticide and follow the safety rules during processing.
Composition, release form and purpose of the drug "Butizan 400"
The herbicide "Butisan 400" is intended for the destruction of weeds on cabbage plantings, rapeseed, mustard, rutabagas. Refers to systemic pesticides of selective action.
At the heart of "Butizan 400" is metazachlor, capable of destroying cereal and dicotyledonous weeds.
Its concentration in the preparation is 400 grams per 1 liter of substance.
The herbicide is produced in the form of a concentrated suspension and is packaged in 5 liter plastic cans.
At present, BASF is producing a modification of the herbicide called "Butizan Star", a more effective agent, since in addition to metazachlor, quinmerac also acts as an active ingredient.
How does weed control work?
Metazachlor is able to penetrate into weeds through the roots and embryonic stems (hypoctyl) and block their further growth. In cereal weeds, the drug most often enters through the first leaf after the cotyledon. The sprout twists and dies. Dicotyledonous weeds receive a portion of the pesticide through the cotyledons, which leads to their destruction. The sprout stops developing and dries up even underground. Even if the weeds have sprouted, they die in a week.
If the herbicide "Butisan 400" is used on the shoots of weeds, then at first they stop growing, then brighten and gradually dry out.
Benefits of Application
The advantages of the herbicide "Butisan 400" include:
- the possibility of application throughout the season;
- destruction of the bulk of weeds (90%);
- improving the quality of the crop;
- no need to process row spacings.
According to the application regulations, the Butizan 400 herbicide is used once a season. The consumption rate of the solution is 200-300 liters per hectare.
The consumption rate of the drug for different crops is:
- white cabbage - processing before planting or a week after planting seedlings, the rate is 1.75-2.5 liters per hectare;
- spring and winter rapeseed - spraying before emergence, 1.75-2.5 liters per hectare.
How to properly prepare and use a working solution
To prepare the solution, it is necessary to fill the sprayer tank with water by a third. After that, the required amount of herbicide is measured and, while the mixer is running, add it to the tank. Add water to the full volume of the sprayer and start processing crops.
According to the instructions for use, the optimum air temperature for work is within the range from +10 ⁰С to + 20 ⁰С.
To increase the effectiveness of the drug, it is necessary to prepare the soil:
- remove lumps with a diameter of more than 5 cm;
- spraying is carried out on fresh cultivated soil or before watering;
- inter-row processing is carried out after three weeks;
- on light soils, the herbicide consumption corresponds to the instructions; on heavy clay soils, it is increased to 2 liters per hectare; on peatlands, its use is not recommended due to its high absorption.
Safety precautions when using herbicide
When working with "Butizan 400" a number of rules are observed:
- do not allow patients with contraindications, pregnant and lactating women, persons under 18 years of age to work;
- use protective clothing, shoes, goggles, respirator;
- do not process areas that do not need it;
- do not exceed the herbicide consumption rate;
- do not eat, smoke or drink until the end of the work;
- do not spray in the sanitary zone of reservoirs and near sources of drinking water;
- inform the residents and owners of apiaries about the processing time, which is carried out in the morning or evening.
The degree of toxicity of the agent
The herbicide "Butizan 400" belongs to the third class of danger to humans and bees. The drug is especially dangerous when used near reservoirs with fish.
Compatibility with other substances and storage conditions
Herbicide "Butizan 400" can be used in tank mixtures with similar preparations. In this case, you should study the instructions in order to apply water of the recommended acidity. Compatibility is checked using a test mixing. In the absence of flakes, sediment or stratification, the mixture is used for processing.
Storage of the drug is carried out in a special warehouse, away from food products and animal feed. The chemical must be in its original, undamaged packaging. Optimal storage conditions are a darkened place with an air temperature above zero. The room must be well ventilated. Under these conditions, the shelf life is two years from the date of production.
Herbicides with properties similar to Butisan 400 and containing metazachlor include pesticides:
- Caliph Mega;
- "But Pasaran";
- Sultan 50;
- "Butizan Star";